The Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker – Weber 721001 Smoker is a high quality barbecue cooker which has a total of two cooking sections. These two sections of the Weber 721001 Smoker provide the ability to cook a large and varied amount of food all at the same time. With continuous use, the Weber 721001 Smoker has the ability to provide both friends and family with a very successful barbeque experience for many years to come.
Cooking System specific to the Weber 721001 Smoker:
Two thick heavy duty cooking grates made of plated steel. There are two 18.5 inch diameter cooking platform areas which equates to approximately 684 sq. Inches of cooking area. The Weber 721001 Smoker comes with a premium grade cover to protect from weather and also preserve cooking quality. There is a Weber 721001 Smoker cookbook also provided with useful tips and recipes suitable to the cooker itself.
There is a limited 10 year warranty available with the purchase of the Weber 721001 Smoker. The lid and bowl color is generally black. The Weber 721001 Smoker is made from Porcelain enamel. All – the bowl, lid, and water pan are made of this. The Weber 721001 Smoker includes a non rust aluminium vent, as well as a non rust aluminium fuel door.
The Weber 721001 Smoker also boasts a glass reinforced nylon handle for safe handling. An added advantage of the Weber 721001 Smoker is the built in lid thermometer.
Sizes of the Weber 721001 Smoker vary.
These include dimensions for the 18.5″ Weber 721001 Smoker: Height: 41 inches Width R-L: 19 inches Depth: 19 inches
The dimensions for the 22.5″ Smoker are these: Height: 48.5 inches Width R-L: 23 inches Depth: 24 inches
Weber 721001 Smoker: Features and Specifications
- The Weber 721001 Smoker helps aspiring cooks to achieve a very real smoked food flavour that can be produced from their own home
- The Weber 721001 Smoker has enough space to hold an entire turkey and a whole ham both at the same time
- Made of porcelain enamelled steel, the Weber 721001 Smoker comes with 2 nickel-plated 18.5 inch cooking plates.
- The Weber 721001 Smoker includes a water pan, a thermometer, an individual vent on the bowl and lid, and a heat resistant nylon handle
- Measuring approximately 19 by 19 by 41 inches, the Weber 721001 Smoker comes with a 10-year limited warranty
Check out the Weber 721001 Smoker for the best price at Amazon.
Weber 721001 Smoker: Customer Reviews
- There are quite a number of support sites that can be accessed for the Weber 721001 Smoker. These support sites offer great recipes, and very valuable helpful tips.
- After purchasing this Smoker grill, many people have found that Amazon delivered the product within an acceptable time frame, and delivery is often directly to the door. In many instances, the assembly of this smoker grill took approximately 45 minutes. The instruction manual provides a very good way for those inexperienced in using a household smoker to be able to take full advantage of the Weber 721001 Smoker within a small space of time.
- This smoker is recommended by first time users.
- For those people who have used a Weber smoker previously, they have found some welcome changes to the Weber 721001 Smoker
- There is a wider door on this smoker which allows adding charcoal and various fuels easy. This modification may seem small but it has been a much appreciated design alteration. The smaller door of the older model made it much more difficult to position wood or charcoal pieces where they might best be suited to achieve good burning heat.
- The door latch on the smoker is now spring loaded and has a lever type handle. The door latch on previous models was not spring loaded and had a plain round knob. It was less secure and it was not always easy to tell whether the latch was fully closed or not. Now with the latest Weber 721001 Smoker, the closure of the latch is more defined.
- The Weber 721001 Smoker also has a thermometer that is build in.
- For those who want instant gratification, the Weber 721001 Smoker is not the best way to get a quick meal. It does take time and patience to get the best results from the smoker.
- If the temperature on the Weber 721001 Smoker grill is not maintained and stable, the results will fluctuate.
- If the lid is lifted through the smoking period of the Weber 721001 Smoker, then the temperature will change and the result will vary.
- If the wrong type of fuel is used, the smoker does not perform as well, so it is best to use briquettes rather than lumpy charcoal.
- Some people have found that the smoker takes time to start up and get to an ideal temperature before putting in the food so it cannot be rushed.
- Other people find that if they don’t line the bottom of the water pan with aluminium foil then they find the smoker can be quite messy to clean.
Read more customer reviews here.
Weber 721001 Smoker: Our Rating
Many people have found that the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker will perform perfectly with the correct procedures followed, and that the fun of using the Weber 721001 Smoker is letting it warn up and cook the food a relaxed and easy going manner and they have found that the results for the extra time put into fuelling the Weber 721001 Smoker are well worth it.
At the time of writing this review, the lowest price for Weber 721001 Smoker is being offered at Amazon – even up to 40% off compared to other sources.